Sometimes

Sometimes

Sometimes I sit back and I wonder
to myself if it would be way to
selfish of me to want back
what I once had with you twice
in one lifetime, all of
the love and the affection
and both of us with
a permanent smile that was
painted across our
two faces while we danced out
across the dance floor, just like you
and I were the only two
people at that crowded bar,
listening to the
sounds of our beating hearts
playing out a tune of two strangers
falling in love with our breath
becoming much deeper while we
were two stepping across that
wooden floor, and it felt as if we
were floating in the air high above up
in the midnight skies with
the moon and and all of the stars
lighting up our way like fireflies and
candle lights at a romantic dinner
just for you and I on a white sanded
deserted beach with a blue clear
ocean waters on the island of
Jamaica on a hot midsummers night
on a blanket making love.
Richard M Knittle Jr. ©
© A #Poets Journey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love you more

When I close my eyes

My music.. Wow