I have risen

I have risen

I have risen up from out of my prison
built out of misery, anger, pain, and 
sorrow where I have been locked
away and forgotten about in the
cold and bitter darkness that
surrounds me so very lonely and
afraid from the days back before 
yesterday through all of my many
tomorrows, but not today, no as I
have finally gotten away to be free
for God in all of His Glory has
given me the key which I have been
missing to unlock all of the lies that
have chained me, made by my own
guilt in the truths that I now hide
while blaming all the others for
what was living and breathing in
my own mixed up and twisted mind
where an evil lives and hides among
all the good that have inside as it
started out slowly even diabolically
methodically killing off all of who it
is I ever was by taking away
everything then anyone I have ever
loved including my own children
whom I love very much until all that
was left behind was the empty
shell of me until today when God our
kind and wonderful King, gave me
hope which I have not felt in so long
and strength to chase all my
demons away as he helped me to
once again understand what love
really is between a woman and a
man. So here I stand right now here
today right in front of the world all
my family, friends and all my fans
as I fall down upon my knees while
begging you please for all of you
and God high above to forgive me
for all of my sins as I opened up
my heart and let him in to fill with
love and peace again so that I may
now begin to reach out and spread
all the true love that I can and
to all of those people whose love I
have ever lost forsaken or just
thrown away, I am here to say that
I am sorry for ever hurting you as
my intentions were never to harm
any part of you, I gave you my love
as deep as any man ever can an did 
the very best I could at the time that
had but it was obviously never quite
enough so instead of taking blame
I  blamed you for everything coming
down on you like I was a king and
you were nothing at all while hurting 
and destroying any hope of restoring
anything at all burning my bridges
slamming the door calling you all 
names like bitches and whores, but
I know now that love still and will
and last forever but not the I wanted
so forgive me if you can if not that
is I okay understand, but I will still
in my heart. mind and soul take a
small  piece of you everywhere I go
as I give up and hate I have that I
still, do love and always will love 
every one of you until the end of
time..

Poet Richard M Knittle Jr.
A #Poets Journey
..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love you more

Help

When I close my eyes