Forever love

Love Forever


I can still remember in vivid detail the first time we met after
work it was a beautiful night and there was a smell of stale
green beer and pretzels because it was Saint Patrick’s Day
I guess some kind of Irish saint who drank a lot anyway I showed
up not knowing what to expect yet I felt something was about
to change my life and it did as I came around the corner
you were standing there more beautiful than I could have ever
imagined when my eyes found yours they said out loud WoW
yours said yes like you could see straight through to my soul
and was answering a question so we got a little bit closer until
our lips touched and we kissed like we were the only ones there 
just as lightning lit up the skies while thunder was booming from 
within our pounding hearts as dark clouds covered up the
then the light from the moon and stars disappeared that’s
when the Angels looked down covered their eyes and blushed
as our demons too were thinking way too much as they were all 
becoming all hot and sweaty as we got closer and closer as we 
danced together in the rain that was falling as our way was lit 
by a million fireflies you and I stayed perfectly cool spinning 
round and round like the earth and the moon around the sun as just
that memory lives in my heart and carries that love we used to
know and I know you told me that your love for me no longer exists 
in your heart or soul but how can that be for love is supposed to
last forever and believe it or not all that love does last
past forever in all the memories and photographs that shows
our past like it used to be when we both loved each other in
the moments that God had given us frozen in those faces from 
memories in the photographs taken in the past when love existed 
in all of us.

Poet Richard M Knittle Jr.
A Poets Journey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When I close my eyes

It has been 10 years since I wrote my first book.

Will Still