Colors

"The colors of the pales (the vertical stripes) are those used in the flag of the United States of America; White signifies purity and innocence, Red, hardiness & valor, and Blue, the color of the Chief (the broad band above the stripes) signifies vigilance, perseverance & justice."

Colors

I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND TO THE REPUBLIC FOR WHICH IT STANDS...

I do not know about you but tears still build up in my eyes
when I recite the pledge of allegiance because It reminds
me of when I was just a child in this once great country of
ours, it was a time when we all played barefoot in the park
until the street lights came on without any fear of strangers
or being taken. It reminds me of our nations Bicentennial
in 1976 when our country stood tall and proud and we
celebrated its two-hundred-year-old birthday, it reminds me
of when I proudly served our country earning three honorable
discharges that hang on my wall today. It reminds me of all
the brave men and woman who have died defending our
flag all over the world with every one of them a hero from
1776 to even now in 2020 they were black, yellow, white,
and brown but a gunshot heard, was their last sound.

From the Buffalo soldiers to Navajo Indian code talkers and
even the 442nd infantry of Asian American soldiers, marching
shoulder to shoulder, Marines, Airmen, Sailors, and Soldiers.
We fought hard for our flag and our country and they still do
today.

I saw colors all right all you had to do was look around to see
that sight I saw Army greens and Coast Guard and Navy blues,
Marine Corp whites, and Air Force blues too, those are the only
colors that I saw then and today, when I look all around me
anywhere I go that is all I now see too.

ONE NATION UNDER GOD INDIVISIBLE.

Christian, Catholic, Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, Atheist and
Wiccan too. We saw nothing of religion that was your right
to choose all I saw were Americans fighting with me and
dying for you.. So the next time that you need to choose your
sides because you all are so uptight. Remember someone
died out on a field just so you could have that right, all of
this bickering both back and forth has really got to end for
only not the grown-up sake but for the messages that we
now send. Our kids now watch us and listen to all the hate
that we all spew and soak up everything they see and now
they are following though.. From Michael Brown to Dillon
Taylor both shot, while they were both unarmed, should raise
a red flag up and cause us all alarm, so you tell me why
does it matter your race or the color of our skin because if
we do not all stand up now all as one together nobody will
win we will all lose please remember that men and women
of every race, color, nationality, gender, and religion have
stood side by side shedding tears, sweat, and blood as
brothers in arms to fight for our American way so look
around you right now and find someone of a different color
and go shake their hand let them know that we are soul to
soul and heart to heart and do not just say it you need to
really mean it before that eagle decides to fly away.

INDIVISIBLE WITH LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL...

Poet Richard M Knittle Jr.
A Poet's Journey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help

I love you more

When I close my eyes