Words are never wasted

Sometimes in life no matter how hard you try somethings were never meant to be for when love has died hate will take its place causing the connection you had to become infected turning what you had very toxic, poisoning you and everything you come in contact with, causing you to die a very slow and painful death.


Words are never wasted


I just wanted you to know that you really 
hurt my feelings the other day when you 
said for me "not to waste my words on
you" just as a tear begin to form in the corner 
of my eye while the pain coming from my heart
told me that it was hurting and broke again 
but this time it is not for you but instead what 
you said, you see I very much do believe that 
words are never wasted on anything or 
anybody no matter who or what they have 
been written for and in fact are very special 
and dear as they mean so very much
to me, for every single drop of Ink that I spill 
across all of the pages on all the paper of my 
life's story carry within the lines the very
the essence of who I am, filled with all of my inner
feelings and core emotions that are coming
from deep down inside of me, where my heart 
keeps on always telling secrets to my lonely 
soul and back and forth, for I am a Poet or 
what you may call a dreamer and I can speak 
straight from my heart and I am always listening
to what my soul needs to say while always 
searching for those special people who can 
touch both and you dear have come so very 
close indeed, but I am very sorry that I must 
leave you now and bid you adieu, after all these 
years of trying to make this relationship work one
that has been filled with so much love, hate, 
fighting, and forgiving it is finally time that we 
both turn and walk away from each other with 
neither one of us to blame. I hope and pray for 
you that one day soon you will finally find who 
or what you have been always looking for we 
both know it was never me as you have always 
found the grass was always greener with someone
else, and then maybe I can find the one who I am
always hearing calling out to me whispering my 
name the one whom I can love and who will love
me back in return, believe me when I say that you
and I will always have some sort of a connection 
between our hearts, minds, and souls for you and 
I have been through hell and back and walked 
through the valley of death with each one another
and each other's demons and even felt as if we 
were close to heaven a time or two, through all of 
the pain and anger from our broken hearts as we 
helped one another pick up the pieces some of 
them got mixed up leaving each other a piece of 
one another's heart to be carried always through 
forever until the ends of time as one time strangers, 
friends, enemies, and even sometimes lovers, 
never to love again.                 

Poet Richard M Knittle Jr.
A Poet's Journey
A Texas Poet Laureate Nominee 2016-2020

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love you more

Help

When I close my eyes