if I told you

If I told you

If I told you what I was
thinking deep 
down in the darkest dirtiest corners 
of my mind the fiery depths of hell 
itself would raise up from the ground
below then come calling out my name 
to take my soul as all the thought 
of what I want to do with you when we 
are alone just me and you would put 
even the devil himself to shame, 
I see only an angel standing there right 
in front of me causing all the sins that 
have been plaguing me since the first 
day that I had ever seen your beautiful 
face that summer day, back when 
you made my heart begin to race 
making my whole body tremble 
and shake as it still does whenever 
you are around, I would even reach up 
in the night and capture all of the stars 
up in the midnight skies to keep them 
from falling then steal all of their 
wishes and to wish you always here 
by my side, find and close all the 
wishing wells so their wishes would 
go to no one else, then find a genie 
wish three that no more magic 
can come from the lamp until forever 
has come and gone, then track cupid 
down to where he is from and break his 
arrows in half and then tie him to 
his bed so he could no longer I away at 
all so hard to keep when love shows 
itself finally to my day as a treasured 
piece of art showing the last of the 
the greatest love we shall ever know. 

Poet Richard M Knittle Jr
A Poet's Journey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love you more

Help

When I close my eyes