Why does love hurt

Why does love hurt

Why does love need to hurt so damn
bad when you break up with another then you say goodbye?
All of the pain that you feel from a broken
heart hurts more than just
about anything
that you will ever know and even though
no bones
are really broken that pain is just as real, I
mean why do people even fall in love these
days since it
always seems like it ends up
causing us so
much pain anyways as all of the ugly dark
clouds start to move in covering all of
the sunlight coming from the sadness
of depression causing so many teardrops
to start falling down your face so fast
and hard that you think that
you just might
drown out In the pouring down rain.
I guess the hardest part for me was
actually finding out that fairy tales
and happily ever afters was
nothing more
then just another Disney movie ending
that is never really real.
After being
lied too, cheated on, and used for so damn
long how do you think that makes you feel?
Angry? Yes, sad? Even more but really
you just do not want to look
at anyone anymore, since now you
feel like nothing more than a damn fool.
I am not so sure that I myself
will ever look
for love again, for I just could not take another
heartbreak or even that pain again, maybe
being all alone is what God wants for me
to be since He gave me the gift to write
down all of my emotions and feelings so
easily to help out all others that are maybe
not quite as strong as I am for it seems
like my entire life really has
been nothing
but heartbreaks, heartaches, with lots of pain
over and over again.

Poet Richard M Knittle Jr.
A Poet's Journey
Texas Poet Laureate Nominee 2016-2020

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help

I love you more

When I close my eyes