Intoxicating

Intoxicating

Your very essence is so very intoxicating
to me that it causes me to become
drunk by 
your beauty as it is 
pumped from a pounding heart causing my 
pen to embark on a whole new verse that 
reads making love to you is all I want to do 
from when the sun goes down until it
rises up again then the night falls
and dark 
is all around the stars light our path like 
fireflies by the sand and the moon begins 
the glow showing us where we need to go 
as tears and sweat fall from our bodies 
become one lost in time our hearts pounding
hard beating out the melody of who and 
what we are while our souls are 
holding on 
to the others hand in hand dancing through 
the skies where no one has ever been searching 
for eternity through the ocean of forever
while we are here and now together
until the ink runs dry just as you and
I become lost in one another’s eyes
paralyzed by all that we will be at the
precibus of our life as you and I
where death 
has no meaning as life is the beginning
where the end never comes and time believes 
in nothing at all.

Poet Richard M Knittle Jr.
A Poet's Journey
Texas Poet Laureate Nominee 2016-2020

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love you more

Help

When I close my eyes