Is love dead

Is love dead? 


Broken hearts and shattered
 souls are way to common today
 every one has a story of a love
 that has gone bad in every type
 of way, what's going on? what's
 the problem? Has love finally
 lost its hold? Have we gone as
 far to kill it off? Are we really
 becoming that cold? Well I for
 one thing think that love is dead 
and it shall never rise up again, 
as I look around I start to frown 
wiping that smile off of my face, 
because hate and violence is all 
I ever see now then one day
you give your heart out, you 
hope that they are the one just
to find out soon enough they
played you and now their done. 
I for one miss those days when
love was in the air but just me 
was very long ago, but now  
I am sad to say that love has 
died from a world that just 
doest care.

Poet Richard M Knittle Jr.
A #Poets Journey
Texas Poet Laureate Nominee 2016-2020

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love you more

Help

When I close my eyes