Little Kisses

Little kisses

I know that we do not speak a
whole lot anymore but I just
wanted to tell you how much that
those little kisses that you left
on my lips over the last few days
had really meant the world to me,
you see the taste you left of your
lips on mine caused something to
ignite as it short-circuited something
in my brain as it searched for and
started finding past memories
of you and I, back when we only
knew the true beauty of great
happiness and much joy, before all of
this anger and sadness and
even back when we could get close
enough to see the reflections of our
undying love for one another way
deep down to our souls in each
other's eyes.
All of the beautiful loving times
that we once had and somehow
both forgotten, washed away every
morning by the huge waves of sorrow
fed by distrust by lies of indiscretions
disappointments in all directions, ripped
away from us, unfairly taken, stolen by
that evil that comes straight from hell
and all the demons that we now call
addiction as it was removed from our
memories with no regard of our
emotions, like all the happiness that
I used to always feel that I believed
would live forever in my heart with
every single beat and up in my mind playing
over and over like it was a movie that we
used to to see at theater that always
started with once upon a time and
then ended with a happily ever
after then holding to each other hoping
that would be us with tears in our eyes
then later bedroom until the dawns
early light. But I am so very sorry that I
need to let you take a good look around
so that you may see that the reprehensible
way that you have ever since treated
me cannot be changed by just a few little
kisses, no it is not a tiny little scratch on a
little boys skinned knee where mommy
says here is a band-aid my baby boy
and here is some little kisses all better
now you see? No it much more than
that, for time after time you have brutally
with no mercy beaten me down to here
right now, today at this very minute,
barely the man that I used to be never
a smile for anyone or laugh no in fact
it is just the opposite of that as the matter
of fact I do wish so hard very hard I have
wished a wish on every shooting star
threw away every single dime that I
ever had in my hand down the wishing
well I even found some witches to cast
a magic spell for you to love me love
you, yet here we are sitting right next
to each other under the same roof of
what used to be our home a million miles
apart with neither of us wanting to be
together watching the other fall apart
until death do us part, you see it will take
a lot more then a few little kisses than
that and even then I just cannot see that
you and I will ever find or even again you and me.


Richard M Knittle Jr. ©
© A #Poets Journey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love you more

Help

When I close my eyes