Little Kisses

Little kisses

I just wanted to tell you how
much those little kisses
that you left on my lips the
last few days had really meant
to me, you see the taste
you left of your lips on mine,
started finding past memories
of you and I back when we only
knew the true beauty of great
happiness and joy, before all of
  this anger and sadness and
even back when we could get
close enough to see the
reflections of our undying love
for one another deep down to 
our souls in each other's eyes.
All of the beautiful loving times
that we once had both forgotten
washed away every morning by
the waves of sorrow fed by
distrust by lies of indiscretions
ripped away from us, stolen by
that evil we now call addiction
taken from us with no
regard to our emotions all the
happiness that I used to always
feel that I believed would live in
my heart with every single beat
and up in my mind playing over
and over like a movie that
started with once upon a time
then ended with happily ever
after with tears in our eyes. But
I need to let you see that the
way you have ever since treated
me cannot be changed by just a
few little kisses, no it is not a
little scratch on a little boys
knee where momma says here
is a band-aid baby and here is
some little kisses all better now
you see? No, it is much more than
that for time after time you have
beaten me down to here right
now today at this very minute,
barely the man that I used to be
never a smile for anyone or
laugh no just the opposite of
that as the matter of fact I do
wish so hard very hard I have
wished a wish on every shooting
star threw away every dime I
ever had down the wishing well
I even found some witches to
cast a magic spell yet here we
are sitting right next to each a
million miles apart neither of
us wanting to be together
watching the other fall apart
you see it will take a lot more
little kisses than that and even
then I just cannot see that you
and I will ever find you and me.

Poet Richard M Knittle Jr.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love you more

Help

Old songs