The last of everything

As my heart beats faster, I can feel things filling 
up and rise to the anticipation of what was coming, 
standing at attention, like a soldier waiting for 
orders in a war, not saying a word. It was so 
quiet, you could hear my blood rushing through my 
veins and the words I could see in my mind were only
trying to escape, to spill out across another 
chapter in my life that I was about to write, just 
not sure how I wanted to start this, while the 
pressure was building, causing 
my heart to pound 
harder and faster than it has in a long time, then 
like a drug as it enters your veins spread out 
causing me to feel real damn good like the thoughts 
of those things you do that are 
supposed to be 
kept between me and you in the bedroom, making me 
blush as my body and mind started going numb 
as it raced through me as barely a whisper, I could hear. 
Oh, damn, from the back of my mind as my knees 
became week the dam started
to leak, the soldier 
said, let's go, this is going to be a long night as we 
fired the first shot, it did not matter who it was, 
it missed it's mark by a mile but caused all those 
words in my head to interact with what was 
already flowing in my veins, causing it to 
overflow like a dam in a storm and slowly spill all 
across the pages of my life ever since we said I do, 
and kissed, becoming husband and wife, as my love 
for you, continues to grow, I was holding back the 
flood but every thought of you was causing my 
mind to slow so I could see and feel every detail that 
it was thinking like a movie in slow motion, causing 
the nerves in my brain to go back and forth not 
knowing what to do, so they
swayed to an fro 
as the pressure was still building down below, 
so I closed my eyes tight for a moment to try and 
get myself undercontrol only to see a vision of a huge 
volcano the biggest
I have ever seen with hot steam rising up to meet the sky 
then exploding with such force, 
I could see the molten lava spewing all across the 
ground like snow on a winter's night, it covered up
everything, then without any warning the ink started 
flowing freely, feeling it from my head to my toes. 
cooling down as it came out of 
my pen, those letters 
then formed into words creating sentences, and 
chapters, paragraphs filling pages and pages 
telling a story of our adventures, from the day we
met until my death, crazy as it 
was, knowing I was 
not your first or the first of anything except on
becoming your loving husband and that is okay by 
me you had a life before I came along as we all do, 
but I have been around the sun
more times then I 
care to admit and learned a thing or two like 
what I would want is for you to be my last of everything, 
like my last kiss I will ever give or the last hug I will ever feel or that last woman I will
ever love while making love to you for the last time, 
I need you to show me, what love really is like it 
was our first time on the last day of our lives, you 
will be the last smile on my face as I say your name 
for the last time as I say I love you and the kids 
with my last breath I will ever take, while I can promise you
will be the last person 
I will ever love along with your daughter and my sons 
telling them how much I love them than saying
goodbye, please do not be sad 
I do not believe it will
happen today or tomorrow we still have some time 
to live a little bit of life ahead of us to be the first of 
few things for each other and last of everything else
we do, just know that what I say is true because I hope 
and pray that you are the last love of my entire life
that I want to ever know forevermore. 

Poet Richard M Knittle Jr.
A poet's Journey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help

I love you more

When I close my eyes