Locked away deep inside

Locked away deep inside 


I still have a photograph of you that I have always carried stored forever in my heart and when I close my eyes to see it every night when I dream of you and me like we used be not all that long ago, I also have all of the

memories of you and I that are imprinted

deep down in my very soul that I can wrap 

 close around me like when you used to hold

me when the nights get lonely and so very 

cold, but today if you asked me how am I

doing I would say I was "doing okay" but

the truth is sweetheart, if you could read my

mind you would know that I was lying

because there is not a single day that

goes by that I am not thinking about you

and so you know even after all this time you

are always on my mind somehow in some

way you are still locked away deep inside

of me while I still in the middle of night wait

for your call just hoping that you might think

about me when all your dreams do not work

out like you thought they would while I lay

here all alone in the dark wishing you were

right here next to me, with your head

on my chest listening to the beating of my 

pounding heart with a smile across your

beautiful face knowing that it still skips a 

beat for you.


Poet Richard M Knittle Jr.

A #Poets Journey

Texas Poet Laureate Nominee 2016-2020 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love you more

Help

When I close my eyes