Who I am?

Who I am?

I am always wondering who I am or why am I here
and other thoughts that are always running through
my mind, searching my whole entire life so far
everywhere I could but only more questions are all I
ever find, I know my name that is for sure, well I
mean unless I was actually switched at birth, do we
know that I was not? I know who my family is and
that is not only blood at least most the time, yet
there is always nagging questions that fill me from
inside as if my heart and soul are always getting
confused causing me to always want to run, yet I
know that there is never any place to hide from me,
so I asked again who am I? I know that I am an
addict and I will always be once addicted to drugs
and alcohol now just bad relationships that are
very harmful to the person who is me, I have been
a father to my four sons albeit not very good, and
I have been a son to my father and a brother to my
sister and brother and I am even a mother fucker
yet I keep on searching for who and where I am
supposed to be, so I looked in a place somewhere
that I have never looked before when I died and
I did see God and some beautiful angels who only
said to me, "wrong place wrong time but here is
a gift for you to find out what you have been looking
for" so now a Poet is who I will now be, you see
now I can talk to my soul I think is pretty funny and
I listen to what my heart has to say but all he ever
does is lie to me, we call that Poetry, and it has
really helped heal me and so many others yet I am \
still to this day looking for who I am, I think maybe I
was born many centuries too late, and that is why
I am s lost in this world all around me because of I
truly do believe that there are not many people who
still think that true love does really exist and that
happily ever after is not only in Disney movies, and
that once upon a time does happen for everyone
at one time or another not just for fairy tale prince
and princesses, even candlelit dinners and moonlit
walks in the park you see that is a very big part of
who it is that I am, and finding peace deep down
within myself is who I would like to be.

Poet Richard M Knittle Jr.
A #Poets Journey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love you more

Help

Old songs