Making wishes

Making wishes

As I sat there on the swing 
on my front porch thinking 
to myself while looking
up at all the stars high above
I wonder to myself about
 some of the choices
 that I have made throughout 
my strife filled life, like
 raising all of my children and
 the mistakes that we as
 parents often make, 
never knowing if they are
 right or wrong, hoping that
 the decisions that we have
 made would carry them all
through safe until the very
 end then into their own
 children's lives, then I noticed up
 in the clear and beautiful
 night skies that there were
 several shooting stars that
 were catching my now wide
 open eyes, so I started
 counting to see how many
were falling for that is
many wishes and a hell of
a lot cheaper than throwing
coins down a wishing well. 
By the time that I was done
had I counted six of them in
 all so I started making
 wishes just as the first
 teardrops begin to fall. 

My first, wish was for all four of
 my sons is for peace, health,
 and prosperity would follow
all of them, then I wished
another for every single
 person who lives beneath
 our beautiful sun that no
who you were no matter
 what race, gender, or even
 religious beliefs that
 someday soon it will not
 ever matter for we will all
 finally, learn how to get
 along, then the third wish
that I wished for was for all
men, woman, and children 
the same was that all the
 cancer and diseases would
be cured and that there was
 no more little babies who
 are born into pain, Next was 
for me that I could so that I
could finally find peace
 within myself to forgive the
 things that I have done while
 being an addict hurting my
all of my family and friends, 
next was a wish for all of the
 homeless who are living on 
the streets that they all find 
some shelter and food to eat
and drink, the last one I had
pondered for quite a very
 long while was for me and
all of you that one day we 
all will find our real true loves,
 someone who comes
 far and above who gives
 what they give to hold on
 tight to while learning how
 to live again, the one who
 makes you smile while your
 doing nothing at all, who
 dances at midnight with you
 at home down the hall, the
 one who is there for you in 
sickness and in health, who
 looks at you like there is
nobody else in the world, the
 one who is your forever love
 while you both grow very
old, the who lives in deep
down in your beating heart
while always holding on tight
to you as they are dancing
with your soul. 

Poet Richard M Knittle Jr.
A #Poets Journey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love you more

Help

When I close my eyes