I think that time has forgotten

I think that time has forgotten

My wounds are still open the pain feels so
real, I think that time has forgotten to heal
all of the pain that I am in for it is still is going
strong, I just do not quite understand how it
can keep going on for this damn long.
Sorrow and guilt are still filling my head with
the sadness of dark and bitter despair, as
anger along with rage is now beginning to
take its place, the longer that you are not here,
while all of the strength that I once had is
now fading away as the sleepless nights now
only gives way to just another pain filled day,
the hope I had right from the start has been
emptied from a very broken heart. I look up
to God every day and ask him when an why?
Yet he always gives me the same old answer
of, you just need a little more time.

Poet Richard M Knittle Jr.
A #Poets Journey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love you more

Help

When I close my eyes