Meant to be

This was something that I was writing to a friend that somehow became this, I think I was born in the wrong century or even wrong planet. 


Meant to be


As I sit here in the quite of

a sleeping house my mind

begins to wander and I start

think about you as always do

causing me to wonder where

you are at this very moment

and what you might be doing

right now then I start to  realize how much that I truly

do miss you, not necessarily

being together as a couple

but the texting all hours of

the day and night or talking

about this and that, listening

to what I need to say, or even

as I read you a poem, you

see I love you so very much

and I always will but more in

away you may never really

understand. Throughout my

entire life I have always felt

that I was just I guess a little

bit different then anyone else  what I mean by that is I think

about so many more things

then most people, deep and

meaningful, well at least to

me anyways, for example I

cannot understand why so

many people care about the

color of another's person

skin, why people do not understand that fighting over

religion is absolutely

ridiculous because in the

first because it is manmade, created by the few to control

what you do and your money,

or why it is that greed needs

to controls everything, from

law enforcement and tickets

and the revenue that it brings

in that is why we have more

laws than any other country in the world yet we fight and

die in freedoms name to the

pharmaceutical company's

who can anything but would

not be around to collect trillions of dollars if they did, anyways what I am trying to

say is in all of my life and all

the many people I have never

met anyone who inspires me

the way you do, do not get

me wrong at all there are

many who do inspire me too and I love them one in all, but

you have become my muse

causing you to be completely

intertwined in all of my writing, all of my passion, my thoughts, my dreams, and I

have grown to now believe

that you can very much

indeed be in love with more

that one person at a time, I

have always loved so much

harder than just about

anybody, always throwing everything I could give into

it giving more than I had to

give, asking very little in

return, I know that I was so

very lucky to be able to have

what we did at the time that

it happened for in that very

moment that God had given

us in that short amount of time, you were able to fill

my heart so full of ink, my

mind so full of words, and

even gave my dying soul a

incredible amount of raging

passion so much so that the

flames from that fire will

never go out, you may not

even know how or what you did but when we kissed that

first time you somehow left

a very big piece of you inside of me, a gift and no matter

what may happen in our lives

I know that when I die an go back home to God, no matter

how hard they try to erase

this place down here a piece

of you will always and forever be with me as a part

of me to be carried through

all of eternity within my soul

and who really knows maybe

in our next lives we will once

again dance out under the

stars holding each other in

our arms either way as lovers

like we were at one time or

friends Iike we are as we will

always be, either way thank

you for letting me get to

know you and for believing in

me when nobody else will including me. Tonight as I

sat outside I did see a

beautiful shooting star as it

fell out of the sky, so I closed

my eyes and made a wish

not for me but I made my

wish for you, I wished that

you will find peace someday

within all the termoil that

lives deep within you, and

that you will finally find your

happily ever after so that one

day you can truly be the beautiful princess you were always meant to be.


Poet Richard M Knittle Jr.

A #Poets Journey

Texas Poet Laureate Nominee 2016-2020

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help

I love you more

When I close my eyes