Singing the blues

Singing the blues.

I am so tired of crying
while inside I am dying
my heart is breaking and my
soul is the singing the blues
my mind is trying
to find the reason and
the understanding
of why it is
that I can still love
a person like you
a crisis of confusion within
my heart, mind, and soul
causing chaos of emotions
that is beyond my control
which is why I am laughing
then I am crying never
knowing which way I should go
I am drowning in a pool
of emotions with some I never
even knew and now I am
lost in this bed I had made for
two, wondering why I cannot get
over you and forget all about you
so please have a little mercy
and just leave me alone
do not write to me, come over, or
even use the phone, I may be
here but I am not home
I cannot get you out
of my head even after
everything that you have
done I just cannot forget all
the memories of our past
I thought when we had
said forever that meant
just that and we would
have a life together
forever that would always
last, while standing on the
hardwood floor of this
crazy life while our souls
still dance.

Poet Richard M Knittle Jr.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love you more

Help

Old songs