I may not be a super hero

I may not be a super hero

I am having a very hard time
sleeping nowadays along with even
trying to concentrate on anything,
my head keeps spinning aching
with sounds of an annoying low roar
like a chopper is landing in an all
out war that is raging causing me
to hurt all the time with so many
words that appear trying to
escape my crazy crowded mixed
up mind all the while screaming
"I am more important or they will like
me best" while whining "use me
now or  take me first"  but why do
they not understand that I am trying
my best to use them all writing down
all day long and staying up all night
just as fast as I humanly can I don't
have any powers I am not a super
hero like Captain America, Thor, or Spiderman and I do not wear tights
and wear a cape like Batman o even
Superman, I don't have claws that
rise up from my fist like the Wolverine
or a super talent like that
of Stan Lee my hero why don't
they know that yet, I am just me I am
who I am a Poet just a plan ordinary
old man who is able to put down his
emotions on paper while making
them easy to read for everyone to
understand so they know that
they are not alone and maybe if
they are thinking about taking their
own life I am asking them please
don't just pick up a phone and talk
to someone right now and I am
only saying it because I do care or
even someone who has lost a close
somebody and feels a little lost with
tears in their eyes who needs just a
hug and to read something nice
even those who are like me that live
in the darkness if depression with
PTSD who has fought a war with
addiction on both sides of the battle
even those poor parents who have
lost their children to PAS or
Parent Alienation Syndrome who
really does know what they are
going through because I have lived
nightmare and been there before
and do understand all the pain the
sadness the anger and more who
believe that no one else cares, and
now the more that I write this piece
it is really starting to make me think
that I may not be Wonder Woman
or the Hulk but I do like them help
others in their times of need and
no I can't fly in sky or pick up a car
but who needs those powers when
I have the power to heal and spread
love and peace with only just a pen
filled full of all of my spilled ink that
can put a smile on any childs face
inspire others to write to fight wars
against religion, gender, and race,
so maybe all the others who are
Poets like me just may not be quite
a super hero but we indeed use super ink.

Poet Richard M Knittle Jr.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love you more

Help

Old songs