You are

You are

The day that you and I had met 
I knew that I needed your love,
holding hands on the beach, 
kissing under the light of the moon,
hugging each other with a roaring
fire with the only thing that we
have on is the honesty between 
us. If I ever knew what true love
actually is, it was you, for you 
were the one that made my heart
to start pounding causing it to 
beat out the rhythm of the music
of love, that is when we first looked
deeply into each other’s eyes,
while reaching through them and
grabbing on and holding on tight
to our two lonely souls, that is 
when our souls connected and 
You started to dance with mine. 
I believe that you are my muse, 
you are the words that flow from
my ink, you are all of the poetry 
from which I write and think, you 
are the well that shall never run 
dry, until the day that I myself lay 
down my quill and God and his 
angels take me back home, You 
see when I think about real beauty 
it is only you who I see when I 
think about a smile in my mind it
is you who is smiling back at me,
when I think about the sunsets 
when the sun makes love to the 
moon it has always been you
laying down on that blanket on
some hot midsummers night
at the beach under the stars 
and a full moon, you are every 
wish that I have ever wished for 
whenever I have seen a shooting
star, you are the princess in every
story that starts with a once upon
a time and I am the prince that 
comes riding in for the happily 
ever after while holding you tight
in my arms, when we wake up in
the morning and look over at you 
I know it will not be just a dream 
for you are all the reasons for
believing that fairy tales do come 
true, as well as the wishes from 
all the wishing wells, blowing out 
candles on birthdays, and even
falling stars too, yes, it has always
been you and forever it shall be, 
that I do believe in everything that
I do, for I know now that as I did
back them that dreams do come 
true.

Poet Richard M Knittle Jr.
A Poet's Journey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help

I love you more

When I close my eyes