As I Stand Here



As I stand here on this mountain top looking
at all of God's creations in complete and total
awe at all that surrounds me, I am saddened
that I am even human anymore since hate,
violence and racism is all I ever now see, with
children dying before they are born with some
even homeless, hungry, and living dirty on the
streets with people who are just like me that
are diagnosed with mental illness with no care
at all like depression, anxiety, addictions,
personality disorders, and even PTSD.

As I stand here and think about life and so
many other different things in this valley that
is down below, I started wondering out loud
and then to myself "Have we not learned
anything from our past?" World war I, World
War ll, Vietnam, Korea, Gulf War and many
more is there not anything else besides
killing and war that we know? When will we
finally, be ready to give peace a chance? That
is what I want to know, but the problem is
greed and power and that will be very hard to
erase and are the catalyst to all the violence
around the world that we use to make
excuses for all of our made-up man-made
wars.

As I navigate and sail around in all the big
beautiful deep blue seas, I started thinking
thoughts about who and what we really are,
then it finally suddenly occurred to me that
just maybe the time that we have here on this
earth is just a practice for what is yet to come
and as we use up our sands of time, die and
then move on when all our souls ascend above
to become Angels, are we not higher up on his
rung?

As I lay here tonight in this field that is covered
with beautiful white and red roses, on this blanket,
looking up at all the stars, I wonder how long it
would take if I counted them all and would there
be just as many as all of the innocent souls
that we have lost, in all of the fightings just for
oil in all of our made-up man-made wars?

Floating down this long and curvy
river looking up at the big and
beautiful bright sun, I wonder why
we have so many homeless and
starving people in this world, when
we really should have none. I truly
believe that God has put us all here
on this earth together to help each
other out, but take a good look at
us now and what we have done,
because if this was just a test I am
quite sure that we are failing this
world and that is without a doubt.

As I sit here on my front porch in
Fort Worth, Texas early on a
cold spring morning, I look around
at all that I have and though it is not
much I am very thankful for what I
do because I know there are so many
others who have none which makes
me think just how lucky that I really
am and now I try to teach that to all
of my four sons,

So l start to wonder why are we here
on down on this earth for just such a
little bit of time and my heart begins
to sink and break knowing that we all
live a life so sublime, I hope this world
can find peace and equality soon for all,
so that my children can grow up with no
fear of wars, and whatever religion that
they decide if they even chose one is
theirs and theirs alone with poverty,
hunger, and disease that will only be
taught in history classes in schools and
that the only colors that are taught
will be only born from all of the
rainbows and crayons In their box.

I believe that peace on this earth
is really a very easy task, but first
we must find peace in ourselves
in hopes that it will always last.
Peace at heart is where to start then
family, cities, and states and then
the world would follow, disarm all
their weapons just in case, all we
need to do Is just take a look deep
down inside of ourselves and let all
of the hate and anger go, then smile
at everyone that we meet then soon
the world will begin to smile too
from sea to shining sea.

We all just need to believe like me.

Poet Richard M Knittle Jr.
A Poet's Journey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love you more

Help

Old songs