I FIGHT

I FIGHT


It seems to me that we are fighting a war from the day

we are born even conceived everyday just to stay alive and I 

for one am just a little tired of 

needing to fight some sort of battle every single day of my life. 


I fight to wake up in the morning 

I fight to go to sleep at night 

I fight to have dreams instead of nightmares when I close my eyes

I fight to stand up for what I believe in

I fight against what I don't

I fight just to find something to eat 

I fight to pay all my bills on time

I fight to pay rent 

I fight to find a job that will pay what I need and one that I like

I fight for a day off from this war

sometime

I fight to stand my ground 

I fight my dremons that live inside of me 

I fight for the knowledge to know how 

I fight for freedom from oppression 

I fight to free my mind 

I fight because uncle Sam asked me to 

I fight just to be found 

I fight for all my sons whom I miss very much

I will fight for your daughters too 

I fight to find the love I need so desperately 

I fight to find any kind of love at all 

I fight to free myself from my addiction 

I fight for others too 

I fight for all of my convictions 

I fight for even you

I fight to know what's right or wrong

I fight to remember the words in a song

I fight against myself which seems the biggest fight of all

I fight the voices in my head where mental health is involved

I fight for anyone that ask if the

cause is just and true 

I just wish that someday there will be someone that believes 

that I will be good enough for them to fight for me too. 


Poet Richard M Knittle Jr. 

A Poet's Journey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love you more

Help

When I close my eyes