Wanted

 Wanted


I know I am not really much to look
at nowadays I wish you could have
seen me years ago before I Knew
about sorrow and regret. I was really
something else, but today I am a little
worn out, as I have been used up so
much so there is not much left and
lied to so many times that it is hard
for me to even trust anyone at all. I
am bald, lost my hair a long time ago,
and well, to tell the truth, I am kind
of getting old. My heart might miss a
beat and it is missing a few dozen
pieces, but that is only because it has
been broken so many times before,
but it still pumps I know because I am
still standing here and it will even pound
now and then, I still believe with a bit
of love, patience, and understanding I
know it will beat out a melody of love
with a rhyme and a reason once again.
I am not looking for marriage. No, I
have walked that road a few too many
times before just a walk on a white
sanded beach holding hands with a
friend, not really looking for a mom to
take care of me, although I will love my
mother until the end, no more like a
partner, friend, and a lover to get into
a bit of trouble with now and then what
I am looking for is somebody to whisper
my name and to hold me tight while we
are making love at night from the time
the sun goes down until she starts to
revolve around us all again, just as she
starts making love to the moon and all
the stars that are up in the beautiful
midnight skies than when the morning
comes just as you and I have done many
times before bringing with her the light
of day, which will warm our way into her
heart, allowing you and me along with
the moon and sun to switch places as
we all make love a few more times,
spending an eternity forever, right under
the covers, together with the stars shining
their twinkling lights, which look like
a thousand fireflies shining down upon us,
with you and me holding on to one another
both day and night for the rest of our
lives forever

forevermore.

Poet Richard M Knittle Jr.
A Poet's Journey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love you more

Help

When I close my eyes