I met a very beautiful and kind angel

I met a very beautiful and kind angel

I met a very beautiful and kind angel by the name of
Rosemary not so very long ago when she had come
from out of nowhere to save my life from my fall from
grace while I was heading straight down to the fiery
depths of hell, I was broken, and it felt like I had lost
everything and everyone I had nothing left inside of
me, for I had already given everything away that I had
to give my heart was shattered and scattered into the
wind as my soul was missing and presumed dead, it
felt as if I had nothing or nobody left at all abandoned
by friends and family and left to die all alone by a woman
who was really a demon and part of the Devil himself,
the wars that raged between us lasted for one hundred
and eighty-two years I would win some then she did too
over and over again, keeping her busy away from the
world so everyone else would live, I sacrificed myself
so she would never harm anybody else at all again, but
for some strange reason either getting old or tired I only
looked away for just a brief moment and for some damn
reason sometime over the last fifteen years I accidentally
fell in love with her that was what was waiting for she
finally went for the kill, I was sick and dying and weak that
is when she looked down through my light then reached
in, I let her hold my heart until she looked at me and smiled
looking just as beautiful as she could have ever been
but then she leaned over and gave me a kiss, then laughed
out loud and squeezed it hard until it shattered into about
a million pieces sending it flying throughout all time, so
It could never heal like Humpty Dumpty or beat again. Then
as my soul turned and ran away from her just as fast it
could she threw the knife and stabbed him right in the
back so he tripped and fell, heading straight to hell where
he would have been lost forevermore, as the demons
would have a ball. Then out of nowhere a streak of light
flew right for him, it was a beautiful angel who saw what
had happened and dove straight down, grabbing him before
he hit the depths of the devil's playground holding him
tight, saving his life, she brought him home no not to heaven
nor even hell but back whence he fell all the while gathering
up the pieces throughout time and space to build him
a brand new heart nursing him back piece by piece until he
was at the least half a man kissing him deeply, causing
a chain reaction starting the fires that started burning
hotter than hell, a passion he never felt before making his
heart pump rebuilding him stronger than he was before
showing him what genuine love was all about teaching him
things that he had forgotten that made him who he was
she treated him the way he always treated others and
it confused him so very much that he was not sure what
to do then one day they came together bringing heaven and
hell together causing chaos and confusion bringing light
to the dark, making love and lust together helping enhance
the other causing dancing in the streets to a horizontal beat
until the moon made love to the sun, then nothing at all
except their sweat splashing to the ground in a melodramatic
end for when it was over and the smoke had cleared the only
thing standing was barren field littered with the broken glass
torn photographs of memories of days long gone it looks like
a battlefield leftover from a loves war left as a reminder that
love is fragile and very hard to hold on to, so you need to
work hard if you hope to keep it, today the demon has not
been seen nor heard from in many years and her children
are grown and doing well Rosemary and Richard never left
the other side and lived happily ever after, almost......


Poet Richard M Knittle Jr. A Poets Journey 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love you more

Help

Old songs