My Demons

My Demons 


My demons don't hide behind my eyes or some 

where in the darkness deep inside or anywhere 

you might think they might there is no battle for 

my soul or for my broken heart no there is nothing

like that at all that's because there is no fight I gave

 in to them long ago with all my countless broken

 hearts along with failing in this life so I did not feel

 the pain that came from every part of my body 

or the teardrops that would not stop or the 

sadness that was causing madness every 

minute of the day and night they stopped your 

vision from invading my every thought and 

dreams so much so I could not sleep you see 

I am the demon out in the open for everyone to see

I am an addict that will never change that is 

why I am alone and lonely I don't want to  to fight 

with the hippicrates who look down and snear 

or lie and say they are okay when the still hide in

 the shadows to roll that glass like they are in Vegas 

gambling with dice or smoke a blue pill like

 they are playing russian roulette acting like a 

mental patient believing they are better because 

they don't smoke the devil anymore no they 

smoke all of hell besides the devil only works part

 time since man is creating more evil than he ever 

did yes I am the demon so when you look into 

my eyes you will only see the inside of a 

empty shell no feelings no emotions no

 pain or or joy no memories of the past with all the

 relationships that did not last as promised only 

to find out that forever is a lie no just a body that

 is broken and bruised just waiting for the day it 

stops functioning then buried and forgotten the 

day that the demon dies.


Poet Richard M Knittle Jr.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help

I love you more

When I close my eyes