Wanted

Wanted


I would have given anything as I

 stand here today on the precIbus

of my life I have always wondered 

what it would have been like to

have had 

everything that I ever wanted, I mean sure,

I have a car that I can drive around town 

to get me where I want to go, a home with 

a roof over my head where I can fall asleep 

on my bed and live, I have food on the 

table so I do not go hungry,  clothes on my 

back that are new and clean not used or dirty, 

a flat screen television I can watch the 

news on to see all of the people who have 

nothing at all, a dog named beebee who 

is named after Bebe Reza and I have four 

Healthy sons three grandchildren  oh and I am 

blessed that at my age I still have my mom and 

dad but the one thing in life that I have never 

known and always wanted and I

would have traded 

almost everything I owned is how

it felt to 

be loved back by anyone at all, to

feel what love 

felt like when love wrapped its

arms around 

me holding me tight, to hear what love 

sounded like when it was whispered softly 

in my ear in the

middle of the night to smell the scent 

of love left on the sheets of the

bed and

pillow from the night before, and

its sweet taste 

it left on my lips from your kiss and me kissing 

all over your beautiful body, so

now that I am

hanging off the edge of insanity 

I would have 

just about given anything I have

to know that 

out of all the love I have ever given

throughout my entire life is that  

there is 

somebody out there in this entire world anywhere 

somewhere that will ever love me back.



Poet Richard M Knittle Jr. 

A Poet's Journey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love you more

Help

When I close my eyes