Demons

The next two months we will see the suicide rate climb faster than any other during the year, the holidays are the most loneliest for those who are depressed as it is. If you have elderly or sick neighbors please take five minutes and check on them look at them and smile for a smile may not save the world but it would go a long way in saving theirs.

Please call the number below if you or someone you know wants to harm themselves or somebody else. 

The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline

Hours: Available 24 hours. Languages: English, Spanish.

800-273-8255

Demons

These demons I fight I know are for real
from the scars on my heart to the pain that 
won’t heal I lay in my bed but at night I am 
awake for the dark ones have taken all of 
my dreams to forsake, my fate has been 
sealed and with God's help I tried but I feel 
as if my world is now over as It fell to 
their side I fought with the courage of His 
only son but at the end of the battle I was 
still only one my life has been nothing 
but one day in hell because it meant nothing 
the faster I fell I fought back for my 
freedom and for the last 
of my sons
The battle for my son I won easy my addiction 
well the war is still on for
those friends that 
I have taken with me into heart you have 
shown me that humanity deserves a new start
please don't worry for me for I will never 
really be gone all the poems that I write 
for you well they carry on
I hope when you 
read them and that tear starts to call
It's okay to remember me so please let them 
all fall for people like me that are hurting 
from inside we were born into a darkness 
without the light side we hide our deep 
sadness from those that we love and could 
never be treated by any doctors glove
All the smiles that we share and laughs we 
hand out that only mask our loneliness as we 
look for a way out we still love our left 
children and blame is theirs not but we tried 
all the choices and believe me we fought
so if the darkness does not find you don't be 
quick to cast out be thankful my friend 
that it missed you no doubt
Robin Williams fought demons and fought a good fight but he lost 
his long battle to the dark for him there was no 
light but I want to say thank you to Robin for all the great laughs
you have been the light in our battle as we 
walk down the same path
I personally will 
mourn you as my demons may win
but as the gates of heaven open 
I will scream nano nano as I walk on in.

Poet Richard M Knittle Jr.
A Poet's Journey 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love you more

Help

When I close my eyes