Love yourself


Love yourself 


People keep asking me how I am doing and

where have I been and to be honest with you

I have retreated into a place that i have

never really been before it is lonely and 

it is cold a place where I very seldom think

of anybody or anything because it all hurts

like hell, I have been taking trips throughout

my own mind hoping I will find something. 

like a memory of back when I was me myself

or who I think I am supposed to be but it has

been so long I do not believe I will ever see

any of those thoughts again, all the tears that

fall now flow free taking with them all the

hurt and grief it is my body trying to save itself

helping me find my way home before I get lost

in the abyss of an empty area that is vast not

used that much vacated by love when I lost all

my hopes and dreams in my travel down some

sketchy paths I have found at least tiny pieces

of what is a very broken and shattered slices of

my broken heart which I know will ever beat the

same just waiting on time to heal the pain which

will never come since time has gone insane and

I just need to say please do not feel sorry for me

it is I that brought me to this lonely place I do

not regret anything in the past it is done it is over

I cannot go back I do however blame myself for

not being a better husband or father to my boys

whom I do love so much I miss them more than

anything else if I was not such a coward I would

try to face them man to man but to them I died a

long time ago which is why I hope time would let

it pass ,so please if not for me do this for your own

sanity take a good look around yourself are the

people you love safe and, in your view, not hidden

by someone who is doing harm to you by removing

them from your life one by one poisoning your mind

by emotion, physical, or psychological abuse making

your life all about themselves? Anyway, I may never

make back home again if I really loved you as a lover

or a friend thank you for being the best parts of my

life hope to see you wherever it is that we go when

we are gone I truly know that I will be fine and I will

not hurt so bad and when comes I will be happier than

I have ever been even though some of you will be very

sad it is okay but do not let it last for you have you own

life to live love many Love always love often but most

important is to just love yourself.

 

Poet Richard M Knittle Jr. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help

I love you more

When I close my eyes