To my wife,

In my life this one I now lead, I in all these many years
have never seen somebody more incredibly beautiful 
than thee, barely a woman still in your teens was 
the first time I had ever seen this beauty that stands
before me, watching year by year becoming more
beautiful than the year before have surpassed what
I have known is beautiful to transform into another
kind of beauty which is far more than this world
shall ever know, you are by far sexier than any beauty 
queen, as your soul is as old as time itself, and want
you to know that it reaches out to me late at night to 
wake my sleeping soul so they could talk about the 
days before in other lifetimes in which they lived as 
friends and lovers for ten thousand years, then they
look into each other's eyes they start to dance among 
all planets and the stars up in the midnight skies when 
they are finished they hold on to each other tight as 
they make love to one another until the morning light, 
like the moon and sun do twice each night and then 
they run home back deep inside, causing me to dream 
about you and our new life, as I smile every day knowing
in my mind that soon you will be home, waking up too
my new wife who is the most incredibly sexy and most
beautiful woman I will know.

Poet Richard M Knittle Jr.
A Poet's Journey 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help

I love you more

When I close my eyes