When I close my eyes

When I Close my Eyes


I might not be able to change the world
and I might not be able to change your mind
I might not be able to make you love me
but I can dream about It when I close
my eyes late at night when I am living
somewhere in my mind for that is where
I go every chance when I want to escape
all the violence and the hate a place where
you and I walk hand and hand down the
peaceful streets at night after our date a
place that is filled with laughter and tears
drinking margaritas on the beach with you
while we are dancing in the rain where I
always smile and I forget all the pain a
place where peace has won the war and
race matter not any more where we can
all now dance out in the streets rich or poor
now all live next door to door a place where
the sun shines every day and there are no
dark clouds anymore where there are no
chains that bind us all and we all matter big
or small where hate has died and no one
lies where love has won and we all have fun
that is where I go when I close my eyes
where love is still alive and has not yet died.


Poet Richard M Knittle Jr.
A Poet's Journey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love you more

Help

Old songs