Sense of innocence

Sense of innocence

If I would have known all that I now 

know all the way back then, when I was 

still growing up, just a silly dumb young 

kid, still attached to my childish ignorance 

of the world around us with my virtuous 

innocence intacked with everything that 

I have learned, I would have thrown a big
old noisy fuss, then jump up and down yelling 

stomping the ground kicking my feet as I scream just
as loud and long as I can acting all wild shaking 

my head  NO NO NO I will not go, then
outright refuse to take it anymore, which
would have more than likely cause me to get a
whooping or sent me to some psych ward by
my parents because along with everyone
else thay would think that I went a little bit 

crazy because I say the heck with being an 

adult, I will not ever grow up, I will stay and 

play out in park all day eating my ice cream 

playing tag or hide and seek, so that I never 

need to fall in love with anyone at all, but 

instead, I would do what I always did, 

whenever all the girls would come around, 

we would all scream "Ewww", you have "cooties", 

in which I still believe they do, then pull on their 

pigtails, as we push them down to the ground as they
still keep trying to kiss us, then run just as
fast I could as far away as I can all
because I finally understand
that going from that young awkward boy
whom I was at one time, which today really
seems like many lifetimes ago while I was 

growing up until today the here and right 

now, the present to be the man whom
I have become who is filled with so much
disappointment in my life, anger and resentment along with sorrow and regret, filled full with all of the deep pain from
all of the many broken hearts that comes
when all the love you once had inside when
you were just a child who is filled with nothing 

but a sense of innocence needing not to be 

acquired given away for free
to a much different kind of love which is
so much harder to find let alone trying to
hold on to it as it requires so many different
factors, has love can heal a heart yet break it 

in half making me want to go back to
being that loving child who loved anyone
and everyone who was loved by just about everyone
all around him for forever and through eternity,
so if one day if I disappear nowhere to be
found just look back in all your memories and
photographs, for that is where I will be with
a smile on my face for everyone who is smiling
back at me.

Poet Richard M Knittle Jr.
A Poet's Journey
A Texas Poet Laureate Nominee 2016-2020

https://www.amazon.com/Richard-M-Knittle-Jr./e/B00K3NPJ0U/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love you more

Help

When I close my eyes