Demons

This week brings on the start of the holiday season which is considered the highest concentration of suicides. If you know someone who is depressed please check on them more often the next few weeks.

Suicide prevention hotline 1-800-273-8255 call and talk to someone before its to late.

Demons

These demons I fight I know are for real, 
from the scars on my heart to this pain 
that will not heal.
I lay in my bed but at night I am awake, 
for the dark ones have taken all of my 
dreams to forsake.
My fate has been sealed and with 
God's help I tried, but my world is 
now over as it fell fast to their side for
my entire life has been nothing but 
one day in hell, and because it meant
 nothing to me the faster I fell.
I fought back for my freedom and for
 the last of my sons, the fight for Ryder I 
beat easy but for addiction well it is still on.
I fought hard with the courage of his 
only son, but at the end of the battle 
I was still only one so
to all those friends that I have taken 
with me into heart, you have taught 
me that humanity deserves a new start
Please do not worry for me for I will never 
really be gone, all the poetry that I have
written for you, well they will carry on.
I hope that when you read them and that 
tear starts to call, it, is  okay to remember 
me so please let them all fall you see
for people like me, that are hurting 
from inside, we were born into the 
darkness without the light side.
We hide our deep sadness from those 
that we love, and could never be 
treated by any doctor’s glove.
All the smiles that we share, and laughs 
we hand out, well that only mask our 
loneliness as we look for a way out.
We still love our left children so blame 
is theirs not, but we tried all the choices 
and believe me we fought.
So if the darkness does not ever find you,
 do not be so quick to cast out, you 
should be thankful my friends that
 it missed you no doubt.
Robin Williams fought with demons,
 and he fought a good fight, but he 
lost his long battle with darkness, 
for him there was no light.
So, I say thank you to Robin for all 
the great laughs, you have been the
 light in our battles as we walk down 
the same path.
I personally will mourn you, as my
 demons may win, but as the gates 
of heaven open I will say “Nano Nano” 
as I walk on in.

Poet Richard M Knittle Jr.
A Poet's Journey
Texas Poet Laureate Nominee 2016-2020

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love you more

Help

Old songs