The same wish

The same wish


Every time I see you it feels like a hot
midsummers night on a blanket with
just you and I under the light of the
pale moon and all of the billions of
stars shining down upon only us at
least that is what it seems, just as we
watch a shooting star falling across the
midnight skies, so I close my eyes and
wish real hard the same wish that I
always make, that one day you and I
will be together forever as just like
we had at one time in the past, but I
am afraid to say that I may have used
up all my wishes on nothing more than
a beautiful dream that now seems will
never have a chance to come true
and to tell you the truth maybe it is
better this way after all having a dream
though it may never come true is a
hell of a lot better than living your life
in a nightmare.



Poet Richard M Knittle Jr.
A Poet's Journey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help

I love you more

When I close my eyes