I just wanted you to know.

Throughout our entire lives, we will meet an uncountable number of people in the many places that our life's paths will take us. Some of those may just be around for a few brief moments while others are just passing by some may be longer, but just know that any one of them can and will change the very essence of who you were. This poem is dedicated to all of those that have touched me whether it be good or bad for because of you I am now whom you see.

I just wanted you to know.

I just wanted you to know that I truly
do miss you and all of the love that
we once had, more and more every
single day, I know they say that time
is supposed to heal our wounds and
that we move on eventually, but just
so you know It is not always true for
your memories will never fade and
they shall always remain for all
these tears that fall down my face
for you when I am all alone still
carry the very thoughts and feelings
of you every single day, I truly do
believe that in our short lives we all
live, love will come and love will go
but if you are one of those lucky
enough to have fate on your side
you will meet that one person who
is special over all the others that
we meet, they will be that one
whom you will always in your life
remember forever through all the
ends of time for the true love,
you once shared while you were
together was very strong and deep,
that one you still maybe with
forever or maybe even for just a few
days or even weeks, the one who
woke your sleeping soul above any
and all others that you will ever
seek, the very one that you judge
all the rest, the one that rose above
and beyond and caused your heart
to skip a beat in your chest.
I found that one soul within you, no
matter where it is in this world that
you may be and as I am sitting here
right at this very moment under the
millions of stars across the night
skies with all of my memories
playing in my head of you and
me causing a smile on my face
and tears of both sadness and joy
falling to the ground and, I just
wanted to reach out to say thank
you so very much for not only
being such a big part of my life
for just that brief moment in time
that God had given us, but for the
piece of your heart and even your
very soul that you left inside of me
that shall now always be a part of who
it is I am and has made the reflection
of whom you see now for without
you in my life my world be a lot less
bright never knowing you.

Poet Richard M Knittle Jr.
A Poets Journey
Twice nominated Texas Poet Laureate 2016-2020

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love you more

Help

Old songs