I am sorry

I am sorry

Hey, do you have a few minutes I
really need to talk to you I promise
it will not take very long, you see
I am sorry but after all these years
of me and you, I finally need to say
goodbye, there really is not much
to say right now because I think we
both know why sometimes two
people just cannot ever get along
arguing and fighting all of the time
saying things to one another we
both know is very wrong, there is no
need to stay together if love has lost
its hold, coming home to an angry
house that feels so damn cold, the
old and dusty photographs that fill the
walls full are only painful memories of
a time and place that seems so long
ago, I can still remember when laughter 
filled up these rooms not too long ago,
but now I can only hear the sound of
teardrops fall and splash upon the
ground, when they tell our story tears
will start to flow from who and what
we used to be to what we have become,
chapter after chapter of heartbreak lies,
and pain, they will hear how a once
upon a time became a nightmare filled
with flames, I know that I have said
goodbye many times before only to turn
around as I opened up the door we both
have promised at different times that
we would make a change but it always
seems to go right back so everything
stays the same, as we hate to love
each other and love to hate one another
there is not a single reason to stay
together anymore, so it's time to say
goodbye, end the story, close the door,
and put the words the end, as we
both move forward moving on.

Poet Richard M Knittle Jr.
A #Poets Journey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love you more

Help

When I close my eyes