You and I

Is she out there? Maybe or maybe not I tend to believe she still is for she still lives in my dreams and in my ink maybe just maybe she will one day read what I have written and use my words to follow the flow of my ink back to where it started once upon a time deep down in my lonely soul.

You and I

From that very fateful day that we first
met I knew that I was in love with you
then from the night of our very first kiss
when all of the sparks that flew my heart
was pounding out in Morse code -.-. -.-. -.-.
yes yes yes, my soul said I do before I
could even ask will you, and my mind
was just a mess as it thought to itself
"Oh, my lord what am I gonna do?"
Because they all knew that you had me
at that very instant when my eyes saw you
standing there wearing those white jeans
and a pretty sweater with hair blowing in the
warm spring breeze with sparkles in your
eyes, that I had already fallen madly
deeply in love with you. You see I have
always wanted to live in one of those
once upon a time through a happily ever
after and forever just like in all of those
fairytales you read for I had even wished
for someone just like you on every single
star falling that I had ever seen shooting
across the night time skies just as I have
spent a fortune or two making wishes on
every wishing well hoping that they
would come true that I could find
across this entire world wishing that I
would find you so that one day you
would be mine, so I want to thank you
for loving me too and I promise you
that all of those wishes were not wasted
because of all our love will always be true.
Now I know in my heart that fairy tales
really do come true, and that at least this
happily ever after was written just for me
and you, and all of the stars that are
up in the night skies will never quite be
bright enough to shine for you and me
while all of those wishing wells are now
filled with our joyful tears of love and
happiness that we share every morning
when we wake up in love with each
other after making love to one another
together with me and you and you and I.

Poet Richard M Knittle Jr.
A #Poets Journey
Texas Poet Laureate Nominee 2016-2020 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love you more

Help

When I close my eyes