I have a dream

I have a dream

I have dream yes just like
Martin Luther King Jr. as
many others do, from way 
back in our sorid past up
until today and even in the
future  that one day peace,
I mean substainable Peace
will find its way into our
hearts where (consequently
Peace must first begin by 
finding peace within one's 
own self) forever through 
all the eternities it shall stay
lasting until the end of time,
but alas, it is only dream, one
that I do believe in, for I find 
it so absurd of the fear and
hate for the color of a man's
skin, I mean to be honest
are we now to be afraid of a
rainbow or a box full of
children's crayons and Play
Doh? Were you will find just
about every single color that 
you can think off (even some
you never heard of) in your
mind. Maybe, we should all
fade to gray taking all the
hues away then would the
world be a better place to
stay for our children to grow
live and play or would fear
just find something else to
rear all it's ugly heads to? 
Yes, I do have a dream and
I hope you do too, that maybe 
one day in my lifetime
we can all hold hands no
matter race, creed, gender
or religion bow our heads
and pray to know that
indeed tomorrow shall come
again and again to be or not
to be another beautiful day, 
one without all of the tears
or fears of all the nightmares
that plague us all today. 
Martin Luther King Jr. your 
dream is coming true albeit
very slowly leaping one step 
forward before falling a few 

steps back.

Poet Richard M Knittle Jr.
A #Poets Journey
Texas Poet Laureate Nominee 2016-2020

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love you more

Help

When I close my eyes