Free

Free.

Free from the tyranny that chained my heart
free from the hate that had left its mark
free from the wars that were fought for my soul 
free from the conflicts in my mind not letting me go
free from the colors that is my skin
free from the violence that I was in
free from the hunger that I felt
free from the life that I was dealt
free from the addiction in my veins
free from the ashes in the flames
free from the ghost in my past
free from the love that did not last
free from the greed from which we breed
free from the power we did not need
free from the boundaries that cage us in
free from the races that should have never began
free from the cross from which we hang 
free from the ancestors in where came
free from the world that divides us all
free from the blindness that we saw
free from the bloodshed that we bleed
free from the people that think we need
free from the ones that create despair
free from the smoke that fills our air 
free from the evils of our sin

FREE TO BELIEVE THAT LOVE WILL WIN!

Poet Richard M Knittle Jr.
A #Poets Journey
Texas Poet Laureate Nominee 2016-2020

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love you more

Help

When I close my eyes