Who in the hell do you think you are.

Who in the hell do you think you are

Who in the hell do you think you are by
taking my heart and pretending it was ours
with no good intentions of giving me
yours in return then conveniently leaving
forgetting to give it back to me when you
knew how much I wanted you and me to be
you and I for so very long.
Who in the hell do you think you are while
playing all of my emotions like you
are playing a guitar-strumming each string
so incredibly perfectly causing a different
sound reaction from each of them separately
while you are tweaking them so very carefully
until you are finished with a brand new song
one that never ends calling it an unfinished
symphony simplified poetry without the words
that nobody would probably sing too anyways.
Who in the hell do you think you are as you
are leading me around the stage of love like
I am only a puppet in a marionette show
holding my strings while making me go
wherever and anywhere you wanted me to a King who
ruled his kingdom when in all actuality you
were the queen of hearts only just pulling
my strings until the show came to an end
when you began to fall in love with me
then running away cutting my lifeline of
reality causing me to fall into the pit of
insecurity followed by jealousy where I landed
in obscurity the realm of being unsure of
anything where I still live today.
Who in the hell do you think you are
making me fall in love with you if you never
had any intention of loving me too then
leaving me in a sea of guilty resonating
while wallowing in the tears of sorrow
from what may or may not come tomorrow
drowning as I begin to sink in regret
then leaving me washed up on an empty shore like
a lone survivor of a doomed ocean liner on
some undiscovered deserted island with no
way of getting home growing old all alone
never to be seen or heard from again.
Who in the hell do you think you are as
I guess I never really knew but please wherever
you may be just know that I will always see
me in love with you as I will be the only one
who will never, no matter what you do or
have done give up on you because I do
understand everything that you are going through
so please come back to me so I can help
you like you did for me back when I really
needed you from that moment in time that God
gave us as I am always remembering the great time
we had that was to short leaving me
always wishing that it was more but I really
do understand now it was never you that
broke my heart it was only really me who
fell so deep in love so the real question that
I should be asking is who in the hell do I think
I am believing that fairy tales do come true
and happily ever after’s will come from
what was supposed to be just a one night
stand from a bar that we had been drinking in,
dancing all night long holding one another
in our arms then a single kiss that still burns
my lips today and turned me on with no
escape so yeah who in the hell do I
think I am because I always knew and still
do who in the hell you are for you are
my heaven sent angel sent down to save
me from who I am and even today still do
believe in the most beautiful and incredible
woman whom I have ever had the pleasure
to have known the one who reached
down into my broken soul who will
never get over you as you have stolen my
heart which will always belong with you
as I gave it away freely to keep until the
end of all our tomorrows today forevermore.
Poet Richard M Knittle Jr.

A #Poets Journey
Texas Poet Laureate Nominee 2016-2020

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love you more

Help

When I close my eyes