Teardrop falling down kinda melody

Teardrop falling kinda melody
Exrended play version

You know it's gonna be one of those teardrop falling down melody playing kind of nights when the whisky ain't working and you can't find a pill to make it stop when your memory starts playing in my mind.

Chorus
No.amout of drinking and
getting high or nasty woman
that I find can break the chains
that I am boound until something
  new can be found to stop me
from thinking about you

No matter how many slamming doors in motels rooms or even miles driven in my old Ford pickup your memory keeps following me like my shadow on the streets of Laredo at noon.

Chorus
No.amout of drinking and
getting high or nasty woman
that I find can break the chains
that I am boound until something
  new can be found to stop me
from thinking about you

Haunting me both day and night I can't even put up a fight you are every where I want to be when I close my eyes in all the neon signs in every reflection I can see there you are staring back at me.

I hear the preacher say sometjimg
about walking through the valley of death let my love die for you die there too with one final breath

Chorus
No.amout of drinking and
getting high or nasty woman
that I find can break the chains
that I am boound until something
  new can be found to stop me
from thinking about you

We were over when you left me amd walked out of that door telling me without a kiss goodbye that you didn't love me anymore I know we said forever but forever went and died so give my heart and soul back let me go so I can move on finally letting you go.

Poet Richard M Knittle Jr.
A #Poets Journey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love you more

Help

Old songs