Colors

Roll Call to all who are serving and or who have served in our military I salute you.

To our fallen hero's thank you for your sacrifice you are and will always forever in my heart.

COLORS

I am an American neither on the left or the right as I am for whoever has America in their sight, I do not see colors when I look around I see Red, White, and Blue.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the republic for which it stands.

I don't know about you but tears build up in my eyes whenever I recite that, it reminds me of when I was just a child in this great country of ours in a time when we could play bare foot in the park until the street lights came on without fear of being taken, it reminds me of our bicentennial in nineteen seventy-six when our country was strong and proud of our two hundred-year-old birthday, it reminds of back when I served our country earning three honorable discharges that hang on my wall today, It reminds me of all the men and woman who have died defending that flag all over the world from seventeen seventy-six to now in twenty eighteen, they were black, yellow, white, and brown but a gunshot heard was their last sound, from the Buffalo soldiers to Navajo Indian code talkers and even the 442nd infantry of Asian American soldier's, they marched for freedom of and for us, shoulder to shoulder Airmen, Sailors, and Soldiers
we fought for our flag and our country and they still do today, I saw colors alright all you had to do was look around to see that sight, Army greens, Navy blues, Marine Corps whites, and Air Force blues too, that is what I saw back then and today, when I look around that, is what I see too

One nation under God...

Christian, Catholic, Muslims, and Jews, Buddhist, Atheist and Wicca too, we saw nothing of religion that was your right to choose all I saw was Americans fighting with me and dying for you.

So the next time that you choose your sides because you all are so uptight, Please remember someone died out on a field just so you can have that right, all this bickering of race and politics that we do has really got to end, for only not the grown up sake but the messages that we now send, our kids now watch and listen to all the hate we spew and soak up everything they see and now they follow though, from Michael Brown to Dillon Taylor both shot while unarmed that has got to raise a red flag up and cause us all alarm, so I say to you I yes am white and you maybe not but does that really matter here? I say hell so let's just have another slice of pizza and toast another beer.

Indivisible with liberty and justice for all.

Poet Richard M Knittle Jr.
A #Poets Journey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help

I love you more

When I close my eyes