Loves War

Every time that we fall in love it is a gamble or a risk that all must take never knowing if it is a true love or just a reasonable facsimile that contains almost every piece and facet of what true love is really supposed to be. Love is what makes humans who and what we truly are and where we are going in this life. Even though love is only just a four letter word it is very complex one. It can mean so many things to so many people I think it has gotten lost over translation and time love is not word that you throw out there because we have all been conditioned to repeat back as if we were parrots doing a trick, For example there are so many different types, and meanings a whole lot of feelings which continuously reeling like The love between to star cross lovers, between a mother and her son, between a brother and sister, don't forget the one between a dog and his master, even my love of early morning warm spring baseball game a hot dog and beer with all four of my sons and always remember what Pat Benatar says "Love is a battlefield"

Loves war

Goodnight sweetheart I hope that you sleep well
and when you finally close your eyes and start to dream
tonight it is one of the sandy white beaches and clear
warm waters that are as blue and bright as the
sparkles the once lit up your big beautiful eyes. I also
want you to know that I will always remember that day
just like it was only yesterday when we kissed, like there
was nobody else who was around, when I first asked
you for permission and without any kind pause or
hesitation you looked deeply into my eyes and said yes oh
yes, then at that very moment of time and all of it's
many moments you and I realized that we were so
petrified while paralyzed with love that it kinda scared
you and I but that did not stop us from walking down the
aisle listening to the sounds our wedding bells ringing in our
ears. But here were are today both injured with lies of the
bedroom kind marked with scratches and scared by the
many wounds from the battles we have fought
year after year of where we have been, and what we have
heard or seen while trying so hard to find out just who
it is that we both are, just like two combat soldiers from
different sides coming home from a brutal bloody war,
neither side a winner, beaten down by each other and
bruised from fighting what is called "loves war."

I have always felt it in my heart and deep down inside
of my soul how much that I loved, just as I know
that you have also in your way loved me, but it has
always been at different times than I was or in two
separate places and that my dear is the one thing I know
that we both can always agree. It is so blatantly
obvious to everyone around that we have always for some
unknown reason loved to hate each other, despite how
many times we have come back together and now we
even hate to love one another, as we just go back
and forth like two fighters who are locked away in a cage
while going round after round both being pounded
by a love that is blind. So let us both throw up the
white flag together then call a truce and not go on any
further and declare that this "loves war," is now over, walk
away from each other while we are still able to even
walk anywhere at all, let us declare that we have
actually come to the final realization that no matter how
much replication with ongoing dedication to the
night time mediation with no retaliation that our two
sides our souls and hearts will never again get along.
and when all of the smoke has finally cleared with the
last, of the words, are never heard, I just want you to
know and try very hard to understand that I am not
angry about who started it what or why it was done or
even how, for I will always remember without a doubt
that evening when me and you heard all of the thunder
roar deep inside of us then saw the lighting and fireworks
that came from unknown places deep down in our souls,
from that very first kiss to the last one that we shall
forevermore ever know.

Richard M Knittle Jr.
A #Poets Journey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love you more

Help

When I close my eyes