Locked away deep inside

Locked away deep inside 

I still have a photograph of you that I have
always carried stored forever in my heart and
when I close my eyes to see it every night when
I dream of you and me like we used be not
all that long ago, I also have all of the
memories of you and I that are imprinted
deep down in my very soul that I can wrap
close around me like when you used to hold
me when the nights get lonely and so very
cold, but today if you asked me how am I
doing I would say I was "doing okay" but
the truth is sweetheart, if you could read my
mind you would know that I was lying
because there is not a single day that
goes by that I am not thinking about you
and so you know even after all this time you
are always on my mind somehow in some
way you are still locked away deep inside
of me while I still in the middle of night wait
for your call just hoping that you might think
about me when all your dreams do not work
out like you thought they would while I lay
here all alone in the dark wishing you were
right here next to me, with your head
on my chest listening to the beating of my
pounding heart with a smile across your
beautiful face knowing that it still skips a
beat for you.

Richard M Knittle Jr. (c)
(c) A #Poets Journey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love you more

Help

When I close my eyes