Life goes on

Life goes on

I breath in and then I let it out 
putting one foot in front of the other
day in and day out ever since you
left me I am just trying to
figure it all out taking it one day at
a time now that it is only just me again
not you and I, but you know what? I will
be just fine just you what and see,
because I had lived my life just as happy
as I could ever be before it was ever
you and me, my heart?
Well, it has been broken many
times before and I am quite sure that
it will not be the last time either, and
I came through it breathing and
still alive just like I will
when I get over you, but you must
know that I will always care
no mattter where you go or even
what you may do, for you are now
part of me as I have a left a piece of
me in you, for you see when people come
and go into our lives either by fate
or maybe even chance
no matter how long or even why
we learn something along the way to
from them to help us get through
our life until the very end, so yes I may
hurt for I do not know how long
but we all eventually heal it really is
just a matter of time, so we can all be
ready for the next person who may
come in to our live and who knows what
they will teach us but I know one thing
for sure either way life goes on.

Richard M Knittle Jr. (c)
(c) A # Poets Journey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love you more

Help

Old songs