I hope this life

I hope this life

I hope this life you find your peace the way it needs to be
I am alone I always was it is not your fault it is me
You gave me hope to rise above to fight for my lost son
And the strength to fight and show them all I wasn't ever done
The world took note as people watched this gift you gave to me
Many people got your gift as it spread your hope through me
The darkness never stops looking for the ones that do escape
It will hunt you down forever until you meet your final fate
It takes from you what you love most then watches you live in fear
You were my love my strength to fight my reason that I am still here
I will always have you in my soul I loved you more than life
As it used that pain and fear I had to break our chain of life
You gave me all you had to give your heart was never mine
When your gift of hope fell from me I was lost and fell to time
So scared and lonely and emotions high I just didn't understand
I never wanted to fall in love it really was not planned 
the bond we share no one knows our lives were filled with strife
You hold my heart and stole my soul like no one ever in my life
our paths in life led us here we do not know where it goes
But I will never give my love again you are the last it ever knows. 

Poet Richard M Knittle Jr. ©
© A #Poets Journey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I love you more

Help

Old songs