Demons

The holidays are very hard for many like me as depression grabs hold dragging you down in the cold dark abyss of sheer loneliness especially with the elderly and sick. You can help with just a smile and a few nice words.
My tribute to great Robin Williams and the millions that suffer from Depression and loneliness I know because I do! You do not alone remember that! 1-800-273-talk Call before it is too late!

Demons

These demons I fight I know are for real
from the scars on my heart to the pain that won’t heal
I lay in my bed and try to sleep but at night I lay awake
for the bad ones have taken all of my dreams to forsake
my fate has been sealed and with God's help I tried
but my world is now over as It fell fast to their side
I fought hard with the courage of his only son
but at the end of the battle, I was still just only one
my entire life has been nothing but one day in hell
because it meant nothing to me the faster I fell
I fought back for freedom and for the last of my sons
The addiction I beat easy and for Ryder well it’s still on
all those friends I have taken with me into my heart
you have taught me humanity deserves a new start
please don't worry for me for I will never really be gone
all the poems that I write for you well they carry on
I hope when you read them and that tear starts to call
It's okay to remember me so please let them all fall
for people like me that are hurting from inside
we were born into a darkness without the light side
we hide our deep sadness from those that we love
and could never be treated by any doctors glove
All the smiles that we share and laughs we hand out
That only mask our loneliness as we look for a way out
we still love our left children and blame is theirs not
but we tried all the choices and believe me we fought
so if the darkness doesn’t find you don't be quick to cast out
be thankful my friend that it missed you no doubt
Robin Williams fought demons and fought a good fight
but he lost his long battle to dark for him there was no light
so I thank you to Robin for all the great laughs
you have been the light in our battle as we walk down the same path
I personally will mourn you as my demons may win
but as the gates of heaven open
I will scream nano nano as I walk on in.

Richard M Knittle Jr. ©
© A #Poets Journey

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Help

I love you more

When I close my eyes